Dr. Cynthia “Cindy” J. Young is the Founder/CEO of CJ Young Consulting, LLC, a knowledge management consulting firm, as well as a curriculum developer and instructor with Leidos. About a decade ago, she retired as a Surface Warfare Officer after 23 years in the U.S. Navy which is where her love for knowledge management began.
She holds professional certifications as a Project Management Professional, a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, and as an ASQ-Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence. Cindy is a past-Chair of ASQ Tidewater, Section 1128 in Virginia Beach as well as having held terms as the Vice Chair and Secretary.
Her doctoral study, Knowledge Management and Innovation on Firm Performance of United States Ship Repair, provided her the opportunity to gain additional professional and academic expertise to facilitate improvements in organizational knowledge management. In September 2020, she gave a TEDx Talk called “A Knowledge Mindset: What You Know Comes from Where You Sit.”
Pioneer Knowledge Systems has my permission to download and share on their site the following free Knowledge Management Short Guides as resources located at: https://www.cjyoungconsulting.com/kmshortguides/ as delineated below:
- A Short Guide Using Your Email to Improve Your Organizational Knowledge Management Practice (Without Being Obvious)
- A Short Guide to Help Organizational Leaders Have the Potentially Uncomfortable Conversations About Knowledge Hoarding
- A Short Guide to Reusing Knowledge That In The End Buys You Time To Do More Important Things to Pay Those Bills
- A Short Guide to Managing Organizational Knowledge
- A Short Guide to Starting a Knowledge Management Program in Support of Organizational Goals and Demonstrating Proof of Concept
- A Short Guide for Identifying the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed for Knowledge Transfer in Support of Succession Planning
- A Short Guide to Help Organizations Identify, Share, and Transfer Knowledge After Getting the Dreaded Two-Weeks Notice“